Thursday, January 4, 2007

Is this really that boring?

I spent some time last night reading blogs. I decided since I was taking the time to write one that it would hurt me to take the time with some others. So off I went into the ether looking at images and reading words. I have to say 95% of all blogs are just mind numbingly boring. Even the blogs with some sort of keen insight seem to have been borrowed from some one else in a really boring fashion. Some blogs are just accumulations of cut and paste of web intrigue. Mostly made up of things seen again and again.

I think the internet is a grand place because it empowers us all to get out there and express ourselves. The revolution will surely not be televised but it will be on Youtube. The sad part is the lack of individual expression. It seems most people are content copying each others inane drivel.

I ask is this how my blog appears to a stranger when they click on it. I certainly hope not but then I also realize it really doesn't matter. We aren't here to make careers. We aren't pros. We are just people prattling on emptying ourselves of words so we might express our experience of being human.

1 comment:

hezza said...

I read something recently that said the average readership for a blog is 1. If so, then I think I'm your 1. It doesn't really matter though does it? Whenever we create something we create it ultimately for ourselves. Sharing it is wonderful, but it is a collateral benefit, not a part of the real process of creating. Anyway, I like reading your blog, so don't stop.